"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Saturday, April 28, 2018

Saving the purse......


A few years ago I was gifted with this purse from a quilt friend.   I've used it a lot over the years.  So much that while the outside is still in good shape, the lining of the handle part has frayed and come apart at the seam line multiple times. 


















The first time that it started coming apart I sewed a piece of lightweight leather over the seam where the damage was.  That repair can be seen at the very far right corner of this pic. 

The damage this time though is more extensive and was on both sides of the leather from the first fix.

 Second side here. 

To fix these I did a two step fix - first part was to take wonder under fusible web and layer it between the lining and the interior of the seam and then fused the two layers together.

 First side with the patch. I sewed two 5" charms together in order to have a piece big enough to cover the damage.   I then top stitched around all edges and then did a stretch zigzag through all layers to hold it all together and for extra strength.
Second side with it's patch.  You can see the stretch zigzag stitching in this pic.

Purse is now good for more years of service. 


Gratitudes:

1. All paperwork for the house is in, and now waiting on the appraisal.

2. A beautiful weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pays to know how to use a sewing machine, doesn't it? I've always liked that purse, and evidently, you do, too! I'm glad you're having nice weather. I'm in for a nice row of warm, sunny and partly sunny days, and it is SO welcome! Now if the appraisal goes well, all is on track! Are you packed yet? LOL