"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Quilting the Swans

I tried two different threads that I had to start the quilting on this critter, but neither of them worked.  So I broke down and ordered a spool of 50 wt Aurifil (well actually two of them because I wasn't sure which color I'd like better for the quilt) to use.   And I'm loving it!  Not that I can afford to use it that often because of the price.....so I need to find it at a good price....lol.

I am using Aurifil #4060 which is a variegated lt grey/pale grey on the front, and a lavender Coats & Clark in the bobbin that matches the backing fabric.

I am meandering the blocks.   And at this point have 20 or 42 blocks filled, 9 more blocks are in process and the border is more than half done.   The batting is Cream Rose by Mountain Mist.

Final decision that needs to be made is what color to use as the binding.   I'm thinking a solid color since the border is a scrappy rainbow......maybe a navy, grey or black.

Gratitudes:
1. the kenmore is cooperating with me as I quilt this critter.

2. Long weekend is coming up and I get to go row-hopping.  =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you figure in how much more thread is on a spool? Did you see that the cones are on sale on Craftsy, too? I've compared prices, and per yard, it is a good price if you get it at Craftsy sales or Massdrop. I've used it all the time for the past 3 or more years. I still like Mettler in a pinch, but I prefer Aurifil, either 40 or 50 wt., over all others. The quilting start is good!